60Bobbin Stranding Operator
Start the new year off right, take your next career step at LS Cable & System USA! Today, LS Cable & System USA is a leading US manufacturer and supplier of energy wire and cable products and distribution systems serving the commercial, industrial, renewable and utility markets.
The position reports to the Manufacturing Supervisor and will work a night shift schedule. Must be able to work overtime if needed. Shift hours will be discussed during the interview process.
ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
Perform routine-type setups on a 60 Bobbin Stranding production machine. The equipment used in the production of various wire in cable products. Ensure that machines, tooling, feed systems, fixtures and accessory equipment are operating properly, production output conforms to specifications, and safety equipment is functioning and used at all times. Maintain continuous check on machine operation and feeding of wire and compound material. Make routine in process quality checks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As directed, setup the 60 Bobbin Strand machine to which assigned. Perform detailed steps such as removing the tooling, dies, holders, and other components; inspect for wear or possible damage and arrange for repair as required. Position, set, align and adjust tooling and accessory equipment for next job. Insure proper functioning and use of safety equipment.
- Operate the line upon completion of the setup and obtain first piece inspection approval from Q.A. Check quality of finished product visually, and use simple measuring instruments to insure adherence to specified dimensions. Regularly check output of the Stranding line for conformance with specifications, make adjustments, and troubleshoot during the production run. Stop machine and notify supervisor when wire quality does not conform to specifications and when machines and accessory equipment are not functioning properly.
- Remove finished reels from wire take-up machines and replace with an empty reel. Move finished reels to designated locations within the department. Fill in on, or regularly operate, machines and equipment on special or routine production runs.
- Exercise responsibility for keeping set-up records up to date. Notify supervisor regarding any changes required in the setup or tooling. Report accurately production output, time and other specified information on standard shop forms.
- As time allows, assist other operators in the preloading and setup of the line. Seek assistance as needed for line operation to insure smooth production flow and output.
- Keep machines and immediate work area clean and orderly. Remove excess accumulation of compound material, and wipe down equipment at the end of the shift or at other specified times.
- Perform other related duties as directed by supervisor.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Read, write, perform mathematical calculations, understand verbal or written instructions, provide verbal or written information to others, work continuous shift if requested, work scheduled or unscheduled overtime if requested, maintain a good attendance and punctuality record, follow all safety rules and maintain housekeeping in area of responsibility, work well with others, and distinguish colors correctly.
- Judgment, initiative, and analytical effort are required in setting up and adjusting equipment; investigating causes of substandard quality of components and products; and overcoming difficulties with materials, machines, and accessory equipment during setup and production runs.
- Operator will be standing and walking the majority of the workday. Pulling, pushing, bending, and squatting will be performed occasionally. Occasional lifting of up to 100 pounds will be necessary. Mechanical equipment is available for handling heavy weights. Some fatigue may be caused by repetitive nature of the work; however, some diversion is provided by subsidiary duties such as setting up the line, checking quality, and completing paper work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
COMPUTER EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS:
- OJT – Will use company systems – SAP
The interview process includes completing our employment application forms. All offers of employment are contingent upon a successful background check, and proof of legal status to work in the U.S. We utilize E-Verify.
LS Cable & System USA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans’ status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
EEOC Releases Updated “Know Your Rights” Poster | U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
SCHEDULE: Full-time, 12-hour, day/night shiftwork with weekend work requirement. Night shift schedule 6pm – 6am.